Thursday, December 2, 2010

Time Flies When You Learn You Cannot

I cannot excuse why I never followed up with my promises of uploading all the pictures from the Rural Studio, but I will, eventually.  Hopefully sooner than later.  Anyway, I recently learned that we as humans are not meant to take flight.  I learned this by leaping off of some scaffolding some 12 feet above the ground as one of the other students working with me here unsecured a metal roofing panel and began sliding down the roof in my direction.

Stupidly or instinctively, I still am unable to distinguish which, I jumped without looking.  I came crashing down on to a metal fence of some sort, which I think helped, along with my ankles to break my fall.  We were able to find some crutches and I tried to avoid taking a trip to the hospital nearby, but after two days and some strange colored bruises, I decided it was in my best interest to at least have my left ankle, which absorbed most of my weight from the fall, x-rayed.  Somehow, I managed to only severely sprain my ankle, which I have been nursing for the last two weeks.

Since the fall, I have been delegated to finalizing our construction documents for the house we have been designing and working on putting together a book. Below are a few of the drawings going into the book, and should provide for more of an idea of what the house will look like.



No comments:

Post a Comment